Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi and are sturdy rock-like structures made of crystals. Usually, kidney stones are found in the kidneys but they can also occur in any part of the urinary tract such as kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. There are different types of kidney stones depending upon their formation. The key crystals that form kidney stones are Calcium, Uric, Struvite, and Cystine. A kidney stone is one of the most painful condition and immediate doctor consultation is advised. However, kidney stones can also be treated with natural ways. Let us are some natural remedies for kidney stones.
Natural remedies for kidney stones
- Water: One of the best ways to avoid and treat kidney stones is by drinking plenty of liquids. You must drink at least 12 glasses of water and other liquids in a day. The excess liquid supply will cut the stones and help it pass through the body.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar is high in acetic acid which is able to cut kidney stones. It is also helpful in easing down the pain. A combination of Apple Cider Vinegar, water and lemon juice is very effective.
- Wheatgrass juice: Wheatgrass juice offers a good supply of nutrients and is also an influencer of urine. When you urinate more, you have higher chances to pass out the kidney stones.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate is known to improve kidney function as it is responsible to flush out toxins from the body. A glass of pomegranate juice will help you eliminate kidney stones as well.
- Basil Juice: The acetic acid content of basil is very high. It helps in breaking down the kidney stone and making it easy to pass through the urinary tract.
What do doctors advise for kidney stones?
The doctors explain that the treatment for kidney stones depends upon the type of deposits. It can vary anything from simple medications to surgery. While natural remedies must be tried, the doctors advise some more precautions including:
- Reduce the amount of salt and sugar in your diet.
- Reduce consumption of red meat and eat the right food.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain healthy blood pressure.
- Ensure your blood sugar levels are in control.
- Maintain a healthy weight and do not become overweight/obese.
- Any pain killers and any type of over the counter medications.
- Quit smoking.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get the kidney check-up done regularly.
People who once have kidney stones are at a greater risk of developing kidney stones again. You need to ensure that you avail of treatment from the best doctor and ensure that you are safe. The doctor would assess your condition and offer you the best treatment option. In severe cases, kidney stone surgery is advised which must be performed by an expert surgeon only. If you are dealing with kidney stones, do not ignore the symptoms and consult with a reliable kidney stone surgeon or urologist right away.